Brandon’s main role at Gaskins + LeCraw is to build and lead a thriving full-service consulting company. He spends most of his time working on business strategy, growth initiatives, organizational development and people development.Education and Experience
- Brandon is from Marietta, GA. He graduated as Valedictorian of his class at McEachern High School. He earned an academic scholarship to Georgia Tech, where he graduated with honors in Industrial Engineering. While at Tech he was very involved with multiple organizations on campus and played baseball for the 1994 College World Series, National Runner Up team. That year he was honored as a Honorable Mention Academic All-American.
- Brandon grew up working summers and breaks on field crews for his step-dad’s surveying company (Gaskins). Post-graduation, he worked as a Senior Consultant for Ernst & Young, LLP specializing in telecommunications and systems implementations.
- Brandon joined Gaskins in 2000 as the Director of Operations and was promoted to COO in 2002. In March of 2006, he became the President and CEO, and in 2010 bought 50% of the company from founder Johnny Gaskins.
- Brandon is married to the love of his life, Nancy, and has 4 children. He enjoys trips with his family, golf, and leadership. He loves entrepreneurship and has involvement multiple businesses.
VP of Operations and Finance
Ty has a combination of project design and delivery experience and responsibility for the financial wellbeing of a company that has driven the desire to continually look for ways to involve, educate and motivate employees at all levels to create financially healthy and sustainable companies.
Ty worked his way from entry level engineer to project manager to CFO of a market leading engineering firm. As CFO, he revamped the financial systems of the company, financially managed the largest revenue and profit years in the company’s history, created multiple outlets to share critical financial information with company stakeholders, and created and presented financial intelligence seminars both inside and outside the company. Ty has provided outsourced CFO and consulting services to various companies as managing principal of Kicklighter Group and Director of Outsourced accounting and Consulting at Dent Moses prior to joining Gaskins + LeCraw.
Ty lives in Birmingham, Alabama and enjoys running, playing golf and spending time with his wife, Emily, and their four children, Clair, Leaston, Sally and Sidney.
- Master of Business Administration from Samford University and a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Georgia Tech
- Past executive committee member for the Alabama chapter of ACEC, and a graduate of ACEC Alabama’s Leadership Development Series.
- Facilitator and a speaker for ACEC Alabama’s Leadership Development Series, a leadership intensive for emerging leaders in the engineering and architecture industry
- Frequent speaker at industry conferences and webinars on topics of interest to the engineering industry.
Mark LeCraw, P.E.
Vice President of Engineering
Mark has extensive experience managing site civil design on both small and large developments throughout the Southeast. He has provided site design for large retail developments, outparcel developments, roll-out development programs, single and multi-family residential, office parks, public parks, and industrial properties.
Mark’s technical expertise includes conceptual site planning, site design, utility design, grading and drainage design, hydrologic analysis, and erosion and sediment control. Mark served on the Planning Committee of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and is a member of several other professional societies. He is a member of the Third Lens Ministries Board of Directors, a non-profit organization engaged in pro-bono projects across the globe.
Mark lives in Suwanee, Georgia, with his wife Katie, daughters Eliza and Allie, and English cream golden retriever, Millie. He has lived in Gwinnett County for the majority of his life. Mark enjoys taking meetings on the Chattahoochee River and at Auburn tailgates.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering - Auburn University
- Registered Professional Engineer - Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia
- Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission Level II Design Professional
- NCEES Registered Professional
Chris Evans, PLS
Vice President of Surveying
Chris has experience as a survey manager in private and public projects. These projects include corridor surveys for engineering design, large single family residential subdivisions, ALTA Surveys, industrial and multi-family residential.
Chris’ technical expertise is in boundary resolution, construction staking, topographic surveys and resolving survey related issues. He has also been an expert witness in court for boundary line resolution.
Chris and his wife Shellie are residents of Marietta, GA where they have lived for 31 years. Chris like to go to the beach or the lake.
- Bachelor of Science, Surveying and Mapping – Southern Polytechnic State University
- Professional Land Surveyor in GA (licensed in 1999)
- SAMSOG Member